Do you have an interest in promoting our local community and its history and architecture? If so, you could be a valued new member of our Medina Sandstone Society Board of Directors.
Our Board, which consists of 12-15 people, is looking for a couple NEW Board Members to join our team in 2022.
We are a non-profit organization (that meets for about 1 ½ hours every other month). Our primary mission includes:
- promoting knowledge and appreciation for our notable industrial past and especially the affection of the world’s builders for our native sandstone.
- Our programs are intended to build local pride and support hometown initiatives.
- We strive to embrace historic preservation and help the Medina area in modern times to reach its full potential.
We have a number of working committees that you could contribute to including:
- Communications (maintaining our Facebook, website and publications)
- Special Events (bus and walking tours, Heritage Festival events, school children presentations and coordination with other local area events)
- John Ryan Scholars – program for High School history students and presentation of an annual college scholarship.
- Hall of Fame – maintaining the Medina Sandstone Hall of Fame (located in City Hall) including research and visits to identify and fully document sandstone structures.
If you are interested in being considered as a Board Member in 2022 or have questions about a Board Member’s role and responsibilities or activities of the committees – please send us this form and we’ll get in touch with you.