The Medina Sandstone Society has recently awarded six financial grants to local organizations in support of their efforts on behalf of our local community.
In addition to the John Ryan Scholarship presented during the summer, these 2020 grants, awarded from our Medina Sandstone Trust, brought our 2020 total to $5,000. Grants awarded during the ten years of the Trust’s operation now total $41,500.
The recipients of the 2020 grants are as follows:
- Arc of Genesee Orleans to further extend the nature trail at Camp Rainbow with crushed stone to make it wheelchair accessible.
- Boxwood Cemetery Commission to offset the cost of educational training for tombstone rehab.
- The Medina Historical Society to purchase archival storage supplies to store donated items.
- Orleans County YMCA to help with the cost of their Before and After School Enrichment Program.
- Community Action of Orleans and Genesee for the purchase of a Wi-Fi / Bluetooth digital projector and for a partial sponsorship for their Business & Cultural Day.
- Lee-Whedon Memorial Library to help offset the cost of purchasing Chromebook computers to assist students during the pandemic.
We’re pleased that the Medina Sandstone Society is able to play a role in supporting these organizations that contribute so much to our community!